The CHEO Research Institute offers many opportunities for students and volunteers. If you are interested in training opportunities here, we invite you to submit your CV and cover letter (as one file) via the following link. We encourage you to learn more about our exciting research practice areas so that you may indicate your field of interest as part of the application form. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
RI-18-033 - Research Technician
- Care4Rare Canada (www.care4rare.org) is national collaborative team of clinicians, bioinformaticians, and scientists with the collective goal to improve clinical care for patients and families affected by rare diseases by expanding and improving their diagnosis and treatment options. We are looking for a self-directed, highly motivated individual with excellent organizational skills to perform a variety of laboratory experiments including: Sanger sequencing, Next Generation Sequencing, Western Blot analysis, real-time PCR, Chromatin immunoprecipitaiton (ChIP), immunoprecipitaiton (IP), immunofluorescence (IF), cell culture, and a variety of other laboratory techniques. Significant experience with a variety of molecular laboratory techniques is essential.
Please forward all resumes and cover letters to Hanh Dao, email@example.com
RI-18-030 - Research Coordinator
- The Research Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of several research projects, including a non-regulated pilot randomized controlled trial, a study aimed at developing and validating instruments, systematic reviews of the literature and a survey of youth and their caregivers. The research coordinator will also be responsible for reviewing and extracting data from both research forms and medical records.
RI-18-022 - Research Assistant (RA) Bilingual
- The Research Assistant (RA) will work closely with one Project Investigator and one Project Coordinator to assist in study operations. The study involves the evaluation of a paediatric complex-care program across Ontario. The position includes involvement in multiple stages of the clinical research process, such as preparing and maintaining ethics applications, obtaining informed consent from patients for studies, and maintaining a clinical database.
RI-18-035 - Research Coordinator
- The Research Coordinator coordinates one or more studies/clinical trial or a large multi-site trial for one or more Principal Investigators. This would include administration of the study/clinical trial, management of data collection, budgetary monitoring and training and supervision of study personnel.
- The ideal candidate will possess an interest in maternal-child health, strong methodological and epidemiological skills, as well as proficiencies in project management and scientific writing. This position also offers opportunities for the Research Assistant to pursue their own independent research projects focused on perinatal and/or pediatric epidemiology.